THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 30, 2007

My entry before this one is by far more interesting.

So go read it instead;) I'm just in a bitchy mood so I'm bitching about the continuation of my iTunes experience from the other day. Fuckers. It hacks me off....I still am getting the urge to puke every time my eyes hit that damn iPod, or see iTunes on my desktop and I think about that effing button. One second....and everything....just gone. Ug. Anyways....some hoochie, whose name isn't Stephen- therefore I wasn't talking to her anyhow *rolls eyes* but whatever....hee hee- emailed me back.

> I understand your frustration with losing your music and certainly know how that must feel. However, our previous response was to let you know that we have replaced your music on two other occasions, 2/21/06 and 3/06/07. When you purchase music from the iTunes Store, you may download it one time. Just as when you purchase a hard copy of a CD, you get one copy.

> > When your purchases were lost the first time, we made an exception and reissued these purchases again for you to enjoy. This was a one-time exception and information on backing up your purchases was provided to you at that time.

> > The second time, we made another unprecedented exception due to the fact that you are a good iTunes Store customer. We provided information about backing up your music once again.

> > I'm very sorry to hear that you did not back up your purchases either of those times. When reissuing purchases to our customers, the iTunes Store must do so at our expense. We feel that making an exception once for our customers is more than a retail store will offer in the event that you lose a hard copy CD and we have extended this opportunity twice in your case.

> > I'm sorry if you feel that this is unfair, but this is our policy and it has been explained on two separate occasions. If you feel that you can no longer be a customer, I certainly understand and respect that decision.
> > Sincerely,
> > Heather

My new response went a little somethin' like this: Listen bitch.... Eff off!

Just kidding....it's this....;) Might not be much better but hey....I try *shrugs*:

I understand what your response was for- quite frankly I find this response rather condescending, and I most certainly didn't ask for that. I can hardly imagine that out of the billions of people that use iTunes every day we're the one "unprecedented exception" to any rule that's been used to that very day. And as much as I can appreciate your analogy- I don't agree...sure you get one hard copy of a cd you purchase at a store...but you aren't able to delete it. I can lose my iPod...I can lose a cd- but I didn't. I can delete an iPod when trying to following the directions to finish syncing it, but I can't delete a hard copy of my cd- it's not an option. I don't feel like your policy was very well explained before then by the way....nor do I feel like the process for accomplishing getting playlists/songs from an iPod to a library/computer is very well explained. I think there should be a better system in place to warn you that you're DELETING every single song you've ever purchased and placed on your iPod- you know....maybe red and warning....*shrugs*. At this point.....I asked for whatever information I need as far as contacts to pursue getting that done, so that other people don't have the same problem repeatedly (as I'm very much aware I'm not the only person to find themselves in this position). I'd also like to know if I can be provided at the very least a list of my purchased music- not songs to download....a simple list....like a receipt, so that I can at least make sure I can put our personal playlists back in some sort of form eventually- I'm attempting, but it's being nearly impossible for me to physically write out lists of that nature that contain things in a handful of playlists from such a long period of time- I'm no where near 100 so far, let alone 300. Thanks.

I really just wanna go hunt them all down and delete everything off their iPods.....so then they'll stop saying the "understand" where I'm coming from, when obviously they don't....duh. That...and I bet they always have their playlists on hand to make available *rolls eyes*. Bleh.

If someone sees me on tomorrow, remind me that I needed to call Jason's measurements into the tux place. I'm pretty sure I'll remember but hey....ya never know. I was pregnant once ya know. I'm pretty sure you forever lose most capacity for remember anything at that point *shrugs*. Have a good week guys :)