THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 24, 2007

Weddings on the brain....

Jaeli is in love with Monsters Inc. She's so not a movie kinda kid- could care less, and would rather be doing a hundred other things than sitting watching the tv- namely being outside. It's bizzare lol. Anyhow she's watching that, and I'm watching Cooper attempt to walk around my dining room in my daughters shoes lol *rolls eyes*. He's such a shoe freak! He steals Jason's running shoes at least twice a day to roam around the house in them lol. Poor boy....when Nicolle dropped him off she said he has a fever b/c of teething (hey at least she said he had one this time *shrugs*)- he sat on my lap and stuck his shoe in my hand- that's code for Aunt T....get this stupid thing off my foot- NOW (and is usually the first thing he does when he gets here every morning lol). I did. And he then plopped around in my lap and laid his head on my shoulder and just laid there :( He's a cuddler in comparison to Jaelibug lol. When I first started watching him he was still in the wanting to be rocked to sleep thing- I was in heaven. Jaeli NEVER wanted that. Not from day one. She had to be swaddled super tight, like only Daddy seemed to be able to do right, and then she wanted to lay on the couch in the crook of his arm, and they were both out. Mommy? Never did seem to get the laying down thing right. In fact- I still don't seem to be able to be the substitute for that *rolls eyes*. Anyways, he was like her total opposite lol. He's a cuddler....but this morning he didn't even want to be rocked, he got up grabbed a blanket and wanted to lay down. I ended up waking him up....b/c after 2.5 hours he was still totally out. My opening the door didn't even wake him, and that always does. Poor kiddo....I don't know if I think its actually just teeth though. I guess we'll see *shrugs*.

We have to go shopping this week and find Nicolle a dress for the rehersal dinner...still have to pick up Scott's gifts for groomsmen (b/c he didn't wanna wait to get them Saturday when they were already at the store lol *rolls eyes* apparently buying shoes for his sister and looking for Nicolle's were enough wedding activities for one day lol)...drop her ring off to be sautered...get the rest of the gifts for her bridal party and so on....and a couple hundred other things I can't remember now on the spot. Her parents have to this point already spent $20,000 *dies*. That's crazy yo. But whatever. I know she 'appreciates' it so to speak ya know? But I wish she really got it- that just because it's traditional that a brides family (well and grooms) pay a wedding, doesn't mean that its as commonplace as she thinks it is. In fact most all of my friends who ARE married, have not had any help from their families like that- they've done everything themselves. That's just sorta how it goes. I think she really thinks that like b/c its tradition, well that means my Dad's gonna fork out wedding money for us. Ha- never gonna happen *rolls eyes*. Everything we're doing we're doing ourselves....if when it comes down to the end of October and we think there's no way we want to attempt going ahead to Vegas- then it's not gonna happen. I mean going someplace lol, let's clarify. I'm getting married....in December....of this year. Period, end of story. We've waited long enough yo. I'm done. But if it's going to be a tight budgeting thing to pull that off- screw it, we'll just go the Becca and Matt route- the courthouse, and then the reception after for everyone else. In fact, the more we've done with Nicolle's planning, the better that sounds anyways *sigh*. What a pain in the ass. There have been so many times I've thought ya know....here we are freaking out over timelines and having to have this that and this too.....everyone is stressed out and short tempered. That is not at all what I want. Not at all. What the hell are you doing here?!? What does any of this crap have to do with spending the rest of your life with the person you love more than anything in the whole world? I dunno....I guess I really just feel like its all taking away from the point. Like Jason and I have been together for a hundred years....we've been through SO much to get to where we are even now. The only thing I think about when thinking about our wedding....is that I'll FINALLY be married to him *sighs*. That...makes me smile. Thinking about all the people that think they need to be there or need to be fed and given a good time.....just annoys me. I don't care how happy they'd be.....I care how happy we are. Don't get me wrong....every girl fantasizes about their dream wedding and what not lol....its just geez- how realistic is that? Would I rather throw one crazy wedding- one day in our life together.....or like, buy a house or something? Ya know? It seems silly to me now. Funny....you could never have convinced me of that five years ago or something lol *shrugs*. Blah.

Well...it's lunch time so I better get with it. I don't have anything interesting to report anyways. Have a good day guys!

No comments: